Time to stop coding was last week and I feel I have barely touched the surface of my original project proposal.
My biggest contribution comes in the form of usbdebug patches: Most mainboards with USB 2.0 EHCI controller should now be able to produce console logging on USB port. More importantly, one has now the option of using some low-cost ARM development kit boards as a replacement for the Net20DC dongle device. Digging into ARM was not really in my original plans and setting up the required environment took more time that I had hoped for.
I had the idea of collecting a trace of PCI configuration in CBMEM. Turned out I first had to do some cleanup on both PCI and CBMEM and while those have been submitted (with a minimal amount of testing) the tracing part I did not start at all. On the other hand, cleanup on CBMEM has enabled timestamp collection and CBMEM console for ramstage for most mainboards and I have a fairly clear vision what needs to be done to extend these to romstages as well. I think there would be interest to have these features on ARMv7 too, just takes a bit of coordination and access to platform.
On the so-called “coreboot panic room” tasks I did not submit any code. I liked the idea of using some BeagleBone board as a proxy and having the possibility to switch between SerialICE debugging or GDB or pre-OS flash programmer. If time permits, there might even be some integration or interaction with radare coming up next months for SerialICE.