I stopped doing weekly reports at some point, for a very simple reason: I had few to report, except maybe my frustration that I couldn’t find the bugs in my OHCI driver that prevented some (but not all) devices from working.
So I spent the last weeks tracking down these issues and reading specs and more specs. Both OHCI and xHCI – the latter because it’s part two of my project, and because I was close to giving up OHCI for now and working on xHCI first. It’s an independent task, so that could have been done easily.
Today, I managed to hunt down the bug. It was a simple fix once I found out what’s up. While this uncovered more problems, I can move forward again.
To prevent me from hanging 4 weeks on the next bug, I’ll start on xHCI nonetheless, while doing OHCI on the sideline. Most of OHCI is done, and I guess I can start pushing code upstream soon – just one feature (interrupt transfers, so keyboards work) and a couple of cleanups are missing.